Imagine not having to take care of unwanted hair on your body again!
Permanent hair removal eliminates ingrown hairs and razor burn. You save time and money by eliminating shaving from your daily routine. Unlike waxing, laser hair removal is virtually pain free.
Who Could Benefit from Laser Hair Removal?
With our top of the line Sharplight technologies, all skin tones can be treated. Unfortunately the laser does not work on white, grey, or blonde hair as the laser targets the pigment in the follicle to destroy it. If you have red hair, we can do a test patch to see if there is enough brown pigment in the follicle to make the treatment successful. We are not able to treat tattooed skin.
Some key points to remember before your laser hair removal treatment:
- Skin cannot be tanned at time of treatment. For lighter skin tones a minimum of 4 weeks since prolonged sun exposure and a minimum of 6-8 weeks for darker skin tones is recommended.
- Avoid using spray tans, or self tanning products for a minimum of 2 weeks prior to treatment.
- The area being treated must be smooth shaven on the day of treatment.
- Do not wax, tweeze or pluck for 6 weeks before beginning treatments and throughout the hair removal process. Shaving between treatments stimulates the follicles and can help improve your results.
- Avoid topical use of Hydroquinone, acids, bleaching agents, Retin A etc. at the treatment site for 14 days prior to treatment.
- Although we do cleanse your skin prior to treatment, please do not apply any creams or oils on the day of.
For Best Results after your treatments:
- Aloe vera may be applied to soothe treated skin as needed.
- Use a minimum of SPF30 on all areas that are exposed to the sun. Sunscreen should be reapplied every 2 hours.
- Avoid topical use of Hydroquinone, acids, bleaching agents, Retin A etc. at the treatment site for 7 days post treatment.
- Continue shaving between treatments. Exfoliating between sessions will also help to prevent ingrown hairs and aids the body to shed the hair at a more rapid pace.
Before & After
What to Expect Once Treatments Begin?
Treatment times vary from a few minutes up to 60 minutes. Treatment length depends on the size of the area being treated. The skin is cleansed and if necessary, we will remove any remaining hairs that may have been missed when shaving. During the procedure, there may be a slight 1-2 second, momentary tingling sensation that may be felt, but no pain. Clients relate it the snap of an elastic band. Aloe vera is applied post treatment.
Immediately after treatment, there may be slight redness or sensitivity that tends to disappear within a few hours. Two weeks following the first treatment you will begin to see results. The treated hair will shed and significantly less hair will grow back. Additionally, with each treatment, the amount of hair regrowth will decrease and the rate it grows will slow.
Get started today!
Please contact us with any questions you may have and to book an appointment.